2014年10月27日星期一

Gibson Acoustic J-200 Standard

1959-Gibson-SJ-200-Sunburst-A2444
When I heard the interview on the radio, I was appalled to hear that my big Gibson sounded like a cigar box compared to the rich, warm sounding tiny Martin. I ordered a Martin MC-28 and sold the Gibson. But the obsession never really went away. I discovered part of the reason when Jan and I rented a VHS tape (remember “VHS”?) on the Everly Brothers from a video store (remember “video stores”?) . This was the first image I saw:Everly-Brothers-bw_thumb1
The Lefty Frizzell SJ-200 shows signs of extensive use but is still a fine playing and sounding instrument; considering the guitar’s gibson j 200 cutaway history it is surprisingly well preserved. There is considerable pick wear to the top, a very well repaired crack to the back and a grain split on the top next to the fingerboard on the treble side. The action has been adjusted over the years; an old popsicle stick or tongue depressor is currently fitted under the Bigsby saddle (this is visible in 1960’s photos) and the guitar plays quite comfortably. One piece of pearl is missing from the moustache bridge.

没有评论:

发表评论