2014年11月23日星期日

Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar tech from 1985 until the beloved bluesman

Yellow was a 1959 Stratocaster formerly owned by Vanilla Fudge's lead guitarist, Vince Martell, who sold it to Charley Wirz. The body was hollowed out to make room for "a shitload of humbuckers," but Wirz fashioned a new pickguard fender srv quick
 in which he placed a single Fender Strat pickup in the neck position and painted the body yellow. Wirz gave the guitar to Vaughan in 1983 or 1984; it is the guitar with the letters "SRV" on the pickguard under the string. Fender_Stevie_Ray_Vaughan_Custom_Shop_Number_One_FabGear I can't play like Stevie but the tone I got with these pickups and body mated together with this neck absolutely KILLED. In the case of a guitar of the stature of Stevie Ray Vaughan's number one Stratocaster, that's really all one can aspire to. This was a labor of love and respect. So many have waxed eloquent about Stevie's talent but I have to say I was blown away a-fresh as I relistened during this build. No matter how many times I listen to him he never disappoints. Live at the El Mocambo 1983 was just unreal..........

没有评论:

发表评论