2014年9月15日星期一

Eddie Van Halen's Guitar Collection Reveals His Fascination

“I’m not the typical guitar collector in the least,” Van Halen says as he goes through Van Halens Guitar  the stacks and pulls out a few of his personal favorites. “I’ve bought a lot of vintage pieces over the years, but I’ve destroyed quite a few of them. People might think, How could you desecrate the Mona Lisa? but I really don’t care what something looks like. I’m more concerned with a guitar’s functionality, sound, and playability. That’s why I started  vanhalensguitar.com  building my own guitars. Other guitars wouldn’t do what I needed them to do, so I made my own.”


'Dance the Night Away' was a turn in a slightly different direction for Van Halen, with a looser groove and a genuine pop chorus. Eddie's strong sense of both rhythm guitar and songcraft are both on abundant display here. The track wouldn't have been served Van Halens Guitar sale  by some blazing display of instrumental pyrotechnics, so the ever-inventive guitarist instead constructed an unusual "chiming" solo consisting of arpeggiated harmonics.

没有评论:

发表评论