2014年9月25日星期四

Jimmy Page Guitar World Interview in 1998

After the break-up of the Yardbirds, Page recruited vocalist Robert Plant and drummer John Bonham, and was contacted by John Paul Jones, who also eager to join the Kirk Hammett Guitars  new band. During the Scandinavian tour same year the new group appeared as the New Yardbirds, but soon renamed them selves to “Led Zeppelin”.Jimmy Page is considered to be one of the most influential guitarists of all time.

"I still have it (referring to the Dragon Tele), Kirk Hammett Guitars  but it’s a tragic story. I went on tour with the ’59 Les Paul that I bought from Joe Walsh, and when I got back, a friend of mine had kindly painted over my paint job. He said, "I’ve got a present for you.” He thought he had done me a real favor. As you can guess, I wasn't real happy about that. His paint job totally screwed up the sound and the wiring, so only the neck pickup worked. I salvaged the neck and put it on my brown Tele string bender that I used in the Firm. As for the body… it will never be seen again! (laughs)"

没有评论:

发表评论